A Household Favorite!


Cranberry-Glazed Chicken is on the menu for tonight! I am excited as this is one of my favorite meals and it has been a while since I last made it. If you or your kids are a fan of sweet and sour chicken, then this simple version is worth a try!

1# boneless chicken
salt and pepper
1 T butter/margarine (I use olive oil)
3/4 c cranberry sauce (1/2 can)
1/4 c chili sauce
1/4 c apple juice
1 T brown sugar (I skip this)

Pound each chicken piece to flatten slightly (optional). Sprinkle w/ salt and pepper to liking. Brown in butter (oil). Mix other ingredients in bowl and pour into pan. Simmer, covered, 15 mins. Remove cover and boil until sauce reaches desired thickness.

This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Martha. I am not sure of the original source, but it's official name is "Festive Company Chicken". I double the recipe and cook my chicken thoroughly before adding the sauce to the pan.

1 comment:

Jennie Shutt said...

The recipe sounds great I might try it next week since I have all the ingredients.