My Top 3: Skimp? Not me!

There are few things that bring me more satisfaction than scoring a great deal. However, I firmly believe that there are some places where paying more pays.
  • Skin Care - I love my pricey, never-goes-on-sale moisturizer! Over the years in an attempt to be more frugal, I have tried many other brands. I begrudgingly use them up so that I can skip back to the mall to exchange my big, green dollars for a small, green jar.....of perfection.
  • Tennis Shoes - My husband recently shared that his grandpa used to say "If my back hurts, it's time for new boots". When it comes to tennies - quality, good support and comfort trump price. Other people pay between $40 and $70 for my preferred brands of tennies for the family! I wait until they go on sale at Kohls! Combine the sale with an extra 15% off (or more) coupon and they are under $25. I have even found them clearanced at 80% off!
  • Trash Bags - Silly, I know, but I can't tell you how many times I have skimped on quality and ended up with sticky, stinky garbage all over my kitchen floor! We have also tried lining small trash cans with repurposed plastic grocery bags.....great exercise lifting and walking to the dumpster 10x's each day.....but not for us! Still, I won't pay full price. I scout the ads and save the coupons. Have you ever been to Meijer for a sale item and the shelf is empty? Yeah, I got there first!

So there you have it - My Top 3: Skimp? Not me! Its gotta be quality!

No comments: