All Is Well!

Thankfully, all members of our family are feeling better and our busy routine is in full swing.

Middle school conferences were last week. It was a pleasure meeting N's teachers and hearing all the wonderful, positive comments about our son and his school performance thus far. I know those things to be true, but there is something extra special when other people notice as well!

G started basketball practice a few weeks ago. She is enjoying the challenge of learning new skills and working as part of a team. She is one determined young lady! Tonight, I enjoyed watching their first public debut. It was the Cougars vs Prairie Ridge! (Did I mention that we are the Prairie Ridge Cougars?) Everyone was a winner! Thirty-one 4th and 5th grade girls and all had play time!

Our little A is so happy to be back to school after missing a full week! I am not convinced that she is 100% yet, but she is improving! As I write, I am listening to her cough in her sleep and am petitioning our Lord for total healing!

As of tomorrow, Jon will be laid-off from work. He has a few possibilities for more temporary work that he will be exploring. One thing I know for sure, he isn't very good at sitting around. I am positive that he will find something to occupy his time and, hopefully, to contribute to our personal economy. Once again, we covet your prayers in this matter!

I have some exciting news to share! Most of you know that in addition to tutoring, I sell an amazing line of children's books. Last week, I had the privilege of becoming a verified supporter of Toys for Tots. This enables me to collect cash donations for TFT which, in turn, will be used to purchase books and activity kits for needy children in my community. Usborne Books is matching the donations by 50%! So TFT will receive 150% of the contributions raised in excellent, entertaining books and fun-filled activity kits. It is such a gift to be able to give!

As we approach another season of thanksgiving, we are rejoicing in the little things and trusting God in all things - because in His hands, all is well!

No comments: