Love

So, last night I was thinking about love, real love, sincere love, God's love. There was a time when I thought I knew what real love was. Then, I met my husband. For me, love was forever redefined. I can't give you an actual definition. My simple words cannot encompass all that I discovered to be true about love. Nor do I claim to completely understand the complexity of love. But, I am certain of this....after 14 years of marriage to an amazing man, after being known and understood and treasured still, and knowing the truth that God loves me even more than my wonderful man, I stand humbled and stunned in His love. And for a brief moment, I "grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." (Ephesians 3:18 NIV) How about you? Who or what in your life has been used to reveal more about God's love to you?

1 comment:

Celinda said...

I was just telling someone something similar yesterday about how amazing God's love is. In the Bible, the story of the Prodigal son especially speaks to me about how much God loves us. Enough to take us back and rejoice even when we have done nothing but disrespect Him and His Ways!